FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
There are many. Most of the look of the client’s website has to do with the design specifications, in part based on the following:
- Background colors and graphics can be customized to suit the client’s preferences.
- Sliders and galleries can change the look of your site, while conveying the client’s message.
- Widgets, plugins, and other components can add a different look as well as increased functionality to your website.
There are several hosting companies that I use and recommend that are reasonably priced. What is important is server uptime and monthly costs to host the website.
It depends on the answers to the questions below as well as the client input. The websites I design generally take anywhere from 1 week to 1 month to build. If there is minimum content, graphics, etc., it may take only a couple of weeks.
- What type of website is the client interested in, e-commerce, blog, social site, ministry, etc?
- How many pages of content, what forms are needed, and what plugins will be used?
- Is the client providing graphics, video, or other information?
The hosting companies that I recommend have a large capped email or unlimited email account(s) for free as long as you are with them.
- It depends on whether it is a e-commerce, blog, social site, ministry, etc.
- The cost for hosting.
- A SSL certificate is recommended.
- Half of the quoted price on what kind of site the client would like built to start on the website.
I usually maintain websites and recommend that you do not do so yourself. There are hacking and spam attacks on websites daily and regular maintenance, updates to plugins, and monitoring uptime are essential for the health and ranking of your website. In addition, I regularly monitor the sites I maintain in Google Analytics and Webmaster.
Yes, a redesign can bring more customers and traffic to an old website without the expense of creating a new website. Unless the website was infected by malware, have had many bad backlinks, or hacked may be the exception to the above. In some cases, it is better to start over with a new domain and website.
320 x 240, 640 x 480, 720P, 1080. Custom Sizes available also.
Yes, as long as it is of good quality. Lower thirds and other information, logos, etc. can be added to it, enhancing the video experience.
After the initial order, depending on the type of video (on average) anywhere from 2 hours to 2 days.